Krae had conferences last week, and overall is doing good. His teacher said he is a respectable little boy who plays well w/ others. He does have a downfall and has had it since kindergarten and that is-- completing his tasks. This is going to be the death of me and him. Everyone has said it is just because he is a BOY but he has to have someone at his side at all times reminding him of what he is suppose to be doing or else he spaces off into la la land. Th poor thing is easily distracted and would rather watch others do it than do it himself. I got a bunch of his writing papers the other day torn out of his spiral notebook because for the last 2 weeks he has been writing in his science notebook and not his writing book. So while all the other little kids are pulling out the correct notebook Krae is probably to distraced by watching them and forgets what he is suppose to be doing and then realizes and by that time just reaches in his desk for whatever is available. I feel so sorry for his teacher because she probably feels like she has to be his own personal babysitter. I sure hope things get better quick.
On a different note, Krae's latest adventure is basketball. At first, I was hesitant to sign him up because that means commitment but, it actually is not that bad. He has always been into football and t-ball, but has never done BB. He is thoroughly enjoying it even though he is not that great. I am amazed at what a couple of these 1st graders can do--maybe that is what a year can do because the 2 I am talking about played last year and this is the first time for all the other kids. Krae was overly excited about his game this last saturday because he actually made a basket along with a couple steels. He is becoming more aggressive and undestanding the game much better. Its amazing what a difference a couple of games can make. They are just too young to get the whole concept though--like this last game the score was 12-14 w/ 10 seconds left and out team gets the ball and this particular kid decides he is going to take full advantage of finally getting the ball and practice his dribbling skills as the crowd is screaming "shoot the ball"--too funny, so yes we lost the game.
I am not very good at action shots, so here is what I did get a picture of. He is #10
As for Ms. Gracee her latest is BOOKS. I know it is suppose to be a good thing to like books, but there comes a certain point when I finally say "Gracee no more books" or "go read your own book". This girl likes magazines, sunday ads, birthday cards-- anything that looks like a book. And yes she would rather you just look at them and talk about the pictures, none of that text crap. So here is a shot of one of her many rounds of looking at books today and it only is 1:00, I still have another 50 to look forward too. Other than books she is walking around like a mad women getting into everything she can get her hands on to. She is talking a little but just recently is undestanding a lot. Like when I tell her to go get her shoes she goes and finds them, or when I say "lets eat" she heads for her high chair. Her lastest though is that she no longer takes a bottle as of Friday night and so far is doing wonderful. I can now say my kids are the easist to wean from a bottle--a binky on the other hand is a different story and yes she still has hers.
I had to get a picture of this. The other night she found the toilet paper and strung it fromt the bathroom to the kitchen--oh a good 20-30 feet. Then she proceeded to shread it into little pieces--thanks to her dad who thought it was so cute
1 comment:
I'd like to say it's not a boy thing with Krae, but I'm learning that that is apparently the way boys are. Hunter, who is 12 almost 13, is the SAME WAY!!! It kills me, I have a hard time with him doing so poorly in school. I hope Krae gets a handle on his school work before he's in 7th grade like Hunter!
I'm thinking Gracee is looking a lot like me when I was little. :)
Miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment