Tuesday, March 18, 2008

House Update

THE HOUSE:
For those of you who do not know about a year ago Jake and I (mainly Jake, but I do know how to frame, roof, side, and paint) finished adding onto our house (which took a year)We did a 2200 sq ft addition so it was no little project and most of the work we did ourselves. I included a few pictures of what it looks like. Even though last april we got our permit to live in the addition there is still more work that needs to be done, like putting molding around the carpets and doors and painting or staining the doors, other than that the inside is finished (wait-- is it ever finished) I know poor Jake sure feels that way.

This is to the side of our house where our pasture will go. As you can see there is still a lot of work that needs to be done. Sad thing is it already looks 100% better(there was tons of crap out there from all the construction) Poor Jake has been working on this for about 3+ weekends now.



Here is the back yard, and the horse that will someday get to enjoy the pasture.

Just thought I would give everyone an update on what our weekends will look like this spring. We plan on trenching for underground sprinklers this weekend, but today when I went to Irrigation specialist to get some plans drawn up they said it would be 2 week until they get around to it (jake was not very happy, but what can you do, looks like everyone else planned to do the same.) So if anyone is bored and looking for something to do, you know where to come.We would even BBQ for ya:)

8 comments:

The Wieselers said...

I know its been a lot of hard work, but the house looks incredible. Everytime I visit I'm so impressed with all the work you've done. It looks great! P.S. You can BBQ for me anytime and I'll even donate Ryan's labor to help cover the cost of our meal!

Countrylivn' said...

I wish I lived closer, we just did a sprinkler system a couple summers ago so Ryan is seasoned in that department. Your house looks so nice, your husbands is quite talented! I love it! Mijken

Countrylivn' said...

OK I live in idaho and my grammar has adapted to my surrounding fellow Idahoans, I guess, how embarressing. M

Jessica said...

Your house is great. You should have Easter there:) In fact, maybe you should have all of the holidays there--wink wink;)
I was thinking--since your husband will obviously be busy this summer it sounds like you will have lots of time to hang out with the girls. Sounds like a plan. jess

Boe & Bobbie Stallings said...

Fran I love your guys' house, especially since the addition has added more room for all of us to get together and play. I also totally agree with Jess on the being able to spend time more time with the girls, we need to have more "conventions" ;) I'm starting to get the hang of this married stuff, hanging out with you guys. :)

Mikaela said...

Hi, I've gone private on my blog. I have your email, so I'll send you the invite!

Thanks,
Mikaela

The Lembcke's said...

Fran!

We are up for a bbq and bonfire at your house!! Jake just needs to give Chip a call when he needs help....he would love to lend his muscles! =) We'll bring some caramel corn....and more! =) Y'alls house looks beautiful! You both have done a wonderful job making all the improvements!!

Merri said...

The house looks FABULOUS!!! Tell Jake he did an awesome job! And you too...I know you helped. :)