Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break !

First of all I must say I survived the first 2 quarters of my radiology class ( and so did the students) that I taught at CBC. This spring I will just be helping in clinic classes and therefore do not have to come up w/ power points, handouts, quizzes, tests, etc so it should be a walk in the park. I am glad to see that my working life will slow down a bit because my family life always seems to pick up in the spring and summer. That is the great thing about teachng at the college I can kind of pick and choose and that way I can cut back in the spring and then I hope to only have to work 2-3 days in the summer instead of 4 (if everything goes my way).

Here are soem random pictures that describe what we have been up too lately

I have been introducing potty training to Gracee for the last couple of months now so everytime she takes a bath I always try to sit her on the toilet. This is what I found one day--Kraeton trying to potty train her. That would be fine and dandy but he later left her in there and shut the door and she can not get off the toilet by herself. I was trying to locate where the screaming was coming from and found her stranded on the toilet. I seriously think this girl is ready to potty train. In the last couple of weeks she has been hidding to go poop and then coming to me and telling me "poopy" and 1 time she even brought me a diaper and the wipes. Yesterday she decided she was going to try and change her own diaper and I ended up w/ a shoe coated in it from her stepping in it (luckfully it happened in the kitchen and therefore did not make too big of a mess). I have decided that I will probably wait until my next school break in June to potty train her because for the last couple of months I have been telling myself that during my spring break I was oing to take her binky away because she was becoming wayyyy to attached to it. Mission accomplished, yea. Taking the binky from my kids is ALOT harder than taking a bottle away but we survived, well should I say I did. I left Jake w/ her for a couple hours the 1st day I took the binky away and he had to put her down for a nap and he said she kicked his butt. she through the cup across the room then the bink, then started kicking and screaming and literally beating the crap out of him. And while we are on the subject of Gracee we had her 18 month check up. She weighs 22.5 lbs 20% and 32 inches tall 70%, we got out of there w/ no shots so we both were happy girls. Oh yeah, I also had Dr Julie do a physical on me because it had been since 04 and Gracee did not like Dr Julie doing anything too me. the sethescope could not come near me, the ear checker thing, nothing.




Some goofy pictures of the kids:

Krae came out of the bonus room the other day looking like this and thought it was the funniest thing and let me take this picture, I warned him after the picture was taken that about 10 yrs from now he is going to regret that.


Gracee w/ Nina's reading glasses and of course a book.


Last weekend Kraeton participated in a wrestling Camp at the high school where they practiced 4x over 2 wks and then had a little tournament. For little ole burbank they actually had a decent turn out, there were about 50 kids w/ 10 in krae's age group of Kinder and 1st graders. To my surprise he actually did exceptionally well. My son loves sports but is not real serious about them and from what I had seen at practice he was just there for the fun and games. My parents came and for those of you who know my mom she never leaves the house w/out her camera, so I told her you better hurry down there mom because if you are not there when it starts there may not be any picture to take-- I ate my words. He just happens to be good at a sport I could care less if he plays in-- I hate wrestling from everything to what they have to wear, to the way they take care of themselves (diets), to the 1 on 1 "its up to you to win". He now is onto baseball (well actually they overlapped awhile and I have no idea how people do it when there children have multiple things going on, and then on top of that, other children doing other things. It drove Jake crazy that we could not sit down and have dinner together)and to my surprise again he can actually hit the ball, as a matter of fact the coach came up to me 1 night and asked if my husband would be willing to come to 1 of the 3 practices each week to help w/ hitting because he thought Kraeton had really nice form-- too bad we rarely practice hitting.



I got the pleasure last week of watching my niece Laney while my brother and sister-in -law went out to dinner for Amy's b-day (that was a first for us). We really enjoyed Laney's company even though attention to my poor little girl lacked-- I decided to take them on a mini walk and my daughter ended up getting dumped out head 1st onto asphalt from the stroller. I then had 2 crying babies because Laney was afraid since Gracee was screaming and then I had to carry both of them back home (there for a while I was not sure if I was going to make it back home, my arms were killing me).


We went bowling for Ryan and Amy's B-day latter that week and here the 2 girls are sitting together-- did I mention how super hard it is to get both of these guys to look at the camera at the same time-- those stupid delayed digitals



I forgot to mention that I have been cleaning like a mad dog. Since I have been so busy my house has been spot cleaned. I am one of those that always has to have things picked up and looking clean but I am not a clean freak, My house is not spotless, I call my type of cleaning "topical cleaning" because from the outside it looks clean but if you look really close it is not. So I decided that I needed to go from room to room and clean from head to toe, so I started in Krae's room, then the living room, then the kitchen then my office and a few storage closets along the way and hopefully tomorrow I will finish up in Gracee's room and our bedroom and bath. I even broke the paint out and did touch ups in every room. The only bad part to it is that it is taking forever and by the time I am done I will need to start back at square 1-- it will just make me feel soooo much better once it is done.

At the end of the week for some down time we decided that we would go try out camping for the 1st time this year. We have never done it before but we are headed to hood park, yeap that it only a couple miles form us but we decided we would give it a go. Jake's sister and brother in law are going to join us since they just got a camper. I know it may seem a little crazy but we always say we are going to do more than 1 camping trip and we usually only get 1 or 2 in and I told Jake that this is 1 way to get more camping ,but he is convienced that it is way too close to home to be considered camping. I guess we will find out-- wish us luck.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay--Grace is finally big enough to wear the outfit I gave her!!!! Looks cute:)

Mikaela said...

I love all your stories Fran! You have been so busy with so many things, and then on your downtime you CLEAN? haha! I know what you mean though, it's nice to have a cleaned, organized house!

Merri said...

I just have to say that I love that you blog because I can still feel like I'm a part of your lives even though I don't get to see you or the kids very often!

Keep blogging Fran...you rock!!

Love ~ Merri