Sunday, May 31, 2009

Its About Time !!!

Well after the comment I made on my last post, 2 months ago, about being excited for spring quarter to begin because I would have so much more time. I was DEAD wrong we have been SOOOOOOOO busy. Krae did babseball and that ate up a BUNCH of our time 3 days a week. By the time he got to baseball by 5:30 and stayed until 7 and did not get home until 7:30 we did not have a whole lot else going on for those 6 weeks and boy did we pay for it later. We basically only got around to mowing our yard but ignored the weeds and was that ever a big mistake. I think we are going on 3 or 4 weeks now of doing nothing but yard work on weekends ( in addition to the othr home improvement projects we had going). I still wonder how working mothers are able to get everything done when they have more than 1 child in an acivity. When do you fix dinner, when do you clean house, How do you keep on top of everything? WOW-- it has me scared to get him involved in anything else.

Anyways now that I have rambled on--Here are some picts of what we have been up to lately:

Krae @ Baseball-- look at his pants-- how cute-- he does not even come close to filling them out-- with the genes he has, I am sure that will not be a problem someday.


Jake's sister's fam and us went on a vacation to the OR. zoo and beach at the beginning of May

Here we are at the zoo-- minus Jake who is taking the pic


Here we are on the beach-- notice the sandhill in the background-- people climb it all the time. This is the 3rd time I have been to this spot and I finally climbed it. Last time we were here in July and Krae climbed it and made it look so easy-- that was not he case, but I eventually made it to the top-- poor Jake carried Gracee all the way. Good thing it had rained the night before and made the sand not so soft.





As you can see I was the last one up because I am taking the picts-- krae is ahead of us all


and finally the view from the top--- itwas worth the climb


family pict


Our house project: we finally got the patio cover done-- or done enough for now-- Jake would like to add railing in between the posts and he still has to enclose the underside so that we do not get a done of wasp nests (at the rate we are going that might be next summer).



And while jake was working on the patio cover I got the pleasure of shoveling all that rock (most of it) in the playground area. Now the kids have a nice little area to go and play, and let me tell you, they have already got some good use out of it and so have our friends. I have to give Jake the credit for putting together the swingset-- if you have never put one of these things together before-- it takes more time than you think-- it probably took him a good 2 full days or so.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

YAYYYYY!! You are back.

Merri said...

Great photos!! The house looks fantastic!