Saturday, March 7, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEE

In no particular order at all because I randomly did this blog:







Yep, thats right I am one year closer to 30 and its had me a little freaked out this past week. Not that I think 30 is extremely old, but when you tell someone that you are twenty-something--they always reply w/ something like "wow your young". I have a feeling once you hit 30 they no longer will say that, maybe thats just me.

So I got to get up and go have breakfast w/ my favorite girls Jess, Amy, and Bobbie at IHOP. We all decided that going to breakfast was a GREAT idea, until it actually came time to ordering and we all we starving and wanted EVERY breakfast item on the menu. While at IHOP Bobbie mentioned that I should order first since it was my b-day . Later on (mind you it is 9:30am) I hear them start to do a birthday song ( in the back ground) and in my head I was thinking, who in the heck is celebrating their b-day at this time of the morning, then it dawned on me that they we probably headed my way, meanwhile the girls are talking and do not realize what is going on until I say "Sh@!, they had better not be heading over here"--too late they already were. Lesson learned--be careful what you tell the waiters, but we did get to enjoy some yummy ice cream at 10 in the morning, that does not happen too often. We then headed over and got pedicures, and sure as hells bells I got another damn thing of grass painted on my toe instead of the flower that I asked for. I think that the last time I got a birthday pedicure I got the same thing. This time I got a combo, a little bit of grass w/ some corn?????

We had some family over this afternoon for no, not cake (not a big fan of cake but yes I do eat it) but Mud Pie that Jake made me. And of course I cannot forget the presents. Now that the addition was done almost 2 yrs ago (in April), I finally decided that bare walls are no longer OK. So I asked for mainly money so I can get something up on those walls in the new livingroom. I have put it off for so long because we were trying to decide what theme we wanted to go w/. I was thinking an african theme and Jake was not too crazy about that and he would take a hunting room any day, but I am not crazy about that so I finally decided the heck w/ it and got a mirror, a star (since everyone else has one in there house), a couple shelves w/ matching frames, and then I am waiting for the spring craft show at the end of march to get a metal frame work design w/ dried flowers ( thats where my cash will go) in it and from there decide what and where I will hang this stuff. I also recieved a couple cook books, mini crock- pot (for dips), entry way table and mirror, a large painted picture of a rooster (that my mom painted), and a hand crafted rooster (from Jess). Oh and Jake made me some coasters out of tile for the living rom up stairs. And I forgot to mention the present I got myself, a new purse and wallet.

I must not forget to mention that it is my Dad's Birthday also, yep poor guy had to share his birthdays w/ me. I am sure he would say that he never got a birthday from the age of 22 to about last year (I think that is when I finally let him have it back and decided we could share it). I must add there is a good and a bad to having it on the same day. Good that I get to celebrate such a great day w/ him but bad because when I was growing up, regardless if it was our b-day or not--we worked. I do recall that for my 16th B-day I got to pick rocks ALL DAY. I was not a happy camper.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Franny! I hope you had a great day! Love you

marciekoch said...

happy birthday! it sounds like you had a very fun day! i'm sorry about the grass/corn - maybe you should try a new nail place?! and - i didn't know your mom painted - that rooster is way cute!

Jessica said...

I have always wanted one of those half table things, but I dont have a wall that it would fit on--I have searched. I love it. I cannot believe your mom painted you and f-in rooster--she makes the rest of us look bad--especially others who make NOT hand painted roosters:) Love the corn.

Merri said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Your gifts are awesome! I love the star and wow, your mom can paint!! That's great!

Jane Clark said...

How fun! I like your stuff especially your toes! I love a great ped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really do! Oh, and I am a little freaked as well about being a little older. I would love to know what the crap happened to the last 28 1/2 years went! Also, I keep seeing people who are probably my age and I think they are way older than I am. I used to think 30 was old, now I am pretty sure it is the new 21 Right???? Anywho, this is long but Happy 20th b-day, you are still young and hot!!!!

Mikaela said...

Sorry I'm so behind, but happy belated! You are so hilarious, too! I can just hear you saying and doing those things....and I remember the grass pedicure from last year! HILARIOUS! Also, love the new home decor stuff, and just in case you were wondering, i don't have a star in my house! ;) Maybe I should get one...haha!

Olivieri Portrait Design said...

Fran I have been totally freaking out about not being able to say I'm in my 20's too. I have been feeling really old now that I'm home and see people that are 6 years old driving etc. I was saying to someone that everyone is just frozen in time to be cause I left. Turns out that didn't happen! So I'm right there with you on the oldness!