Friday, January 2, 2009

Holiday Fun

Here is a short version of what we have been up to, mostly explained in pictures!!

Jake had a Birthday on the 19th- Happy 28th B-day Jake- I always feel so sorry for him having a b-day this close to the holidays because no matter how hard I try it always gets brushed aside because of all the events going on.

We were invited by the neighbors- thanks Armstrongs- to the Living Nativity- It was GREAT and I highly recommend it to everyone. I think I last went when I was 5 and boy has it changed. It sure does help remind you what Christams is all about.

We had Christmas Eve at my parents-- lots of good food and great company. And once again we almost did not get everything in the car to go home (this year we even upgraded to a bigger size) I got a sewing machine and a printer/copier/scanner, Jake got a range finder for hunting, Krae got a DS, and Gracee got a kitchen set.

Christmas Day we had at our house w/ Jake's Family. Once again lots of great food and company and more gifts.

In between all of that we had friends over and played games and ate even more food, but to say the least we have relaxed and had fun

We spent the new year at a friends cabin (actually my dad's friend) and had even more food and relaxation. The best part of it was that it is exactly 60 miles from our house--perfect enough to feel like you have left the country but close enough so the kids do not drive you crazy before you get there (yes Krae still managed to ask "are we there yet"). It is amazing to me that for 45 of those miles there was no snow and by the time we reached the cabin there was a foot of snow.


a picture of the kids at the cabin--would have been a cute pic. if my camera would have not been left in the car and therefore my picture looks foggy


My 3 kids sledding on Christmas Day


I had to include this one--she looks like a snow angel







CUTE KIDS!!!!!


The kids and there gifts from Santa





Grandpa, Gracee, and Delaney--these 2 kiddos are HARD to get a good picture of--either they are not looking at the camera at the same time or one of them is crying





Picture of Gracee before she got her new chair-- she thinks everything is a chair-- this time it happened to be Grandma's fridge


Gracee thinking about opening presents before everyone was ready--she had already opened 3 at home (none of which were her's).

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So now that all of the excitement is over when do we get to hang out??? I miss my Franny!!!