Saturday, January 24, 2009

What we have been up to

First off I have not had my computer for over 2 weeks now becasue of a virus(problem #1) I got and WOW-- I thought I did not use my computer that much but I guess I really do because I sure missed it. I kept gettting this pop-up that said something about antivirus 2009 and that I had been infected w/ 19 critical viruses and it would not let me do anything. It was trying to get me to by some $99 virus protection so I closed out of it (the computer people told me that by clicking on the X--that is when the virus infected me--smart creators). Anyway I took it in because I needed my computer bad because it was the 1st week of the quarter and of course there were a couple things I had not saved to my USB like the syllabus and schedule. I asked the computer techs if I did not have adequate antiviral coverage and he said that no matter what I had this was a bad virus and there was no way of stopping it. So they said that it normally takes a day or 2 to fix, but because they we behind it would take about a week (problem #2). About 4 days later I get my computer back and of course do not open it for a couple of days and when I finally do I can not get into word (problem #3). So on Monday I take it back to the computer people and they tell me that my norton is taking up to much space and that I will have to get a different antivirus protection (something that takes up less memory) (Problem #4). So for a few days I could at least access my word but not the internet because I had no protection and wanted to research what options I had on buying new virus protection. This is when I realized I used the internet for a lot of things. So on weds I bought webroot and sent it to my brothers to download (the guy had wrote on my recipt that the reason norton was having problems downloading was patially due to the way the client downloaded). My brother goes to download it and there is no CD in the case (problem #5) I had just bought, now I was fuming by this point because NOTHING WAS WORKING. I finally took webroot back to office max and they exchanged it and I downloaded it myself (how could you possibly download it wrong)--so 2 weeks later here I am.

So since the first of the year:
Jake has been laid off for 4-6 weeks (I hope) and is seeing what it is like to be Mr. MOM-- I think he has a whole new appreciation. He is finally getting around to installing the trim on the base of the floors now that we have lived in our house almost 2 yrs now.

I have started yet another quarter and am trying to take up a few craft projects ( I got a sewing machine for christmas and want to make gracee a quilt) and organizing projects- like going throught the kitchen cabinets and bedroom closets and all the filing cabinets in the office.

Kraeton is back to playing round 2 of basketball after a break in december and finally really taking off in his reading--I was a little worried it may never happen.

Gracelyn recently went to her 15 month check-up and was 21 lbs (21%) and 31.5" (80%). Don't ask me where she gets those stats because nobody in my family or Jake's is tall and skinny and yes I know she is only 1 and these stats mean nothing but I thought I would put it in the record book for her. She is my jibber jabbber girl. She can say mama, dada, krae-krae, nina (my mom), papa, panda bear (our dog), ouch or owie, bath, horse, num-num (that means she's hungry), purple, baby, jo-jo(her uncle), crystal(her aunt), wes(her uncle), laney (her cousin), kitty, night-night, ut-oh, no no and she almost repeats anything you ask her to say (if she is in the mood). It is amazing how much of a difference a couple weeks makes. she comes up w/ new words and drops old ones, but also her comprehension increases everyday. I tell her to go take a bath and she heads for the bathroom, i tell her to get her shoes and to eat or to go up stairs or to go potty (no she is not potty trained but she nows what it means). Anyways I forgot how amazing this stage is--sorry I went on and on.


I had to include this picture--Krae got a DS for christmas and she thinks she NEEDS to play w/ it. so we gave her his v-smile to play w/ so she would leave him alone and its amazing how she caught on and was holding it right and pretending to play.


Here she is at her Dr.s appt

2 comments:

Jessica said...

yay!!! I am glad you got your computer back.

David and Kira said...

wow, I cannot believe she can say all of those words. Alyssa is 19 months and the only word she says is MOMMMMM!!! At the top of her lungs. Glad the computer is up and running. It is almost as much needed as a phone now days!!