Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Freaky Story

Thought I would share this all with you because it kind of has me freaked out, but I will warn you now it is a long story w/ no pictures and kind of gruesome.


So early Monday morning, 2:30am to be exact, I hear this loud pop/bang/boom (whatever you want to call it) followed by a bright light lighting up our room. It appeared to be electrical related or atleast that is the type of noise I heard followed by the white light. Whatever it was, it was enough to wake Jake up--the person who can sleep through a sreaming baby who is 4 feet from him in the middle of the night. In my head I am thinking that our electrical box (which is located on that side of the house) has shorted out or having problems or whatever. So we are sitting up in bed ( mind you this is probably all w/in a minutes time) trying to figure what the heck has happened when I tell Jake he had better get down stairs and check too see if we have a fire. By this time all of our electrical things are freaking out blinking, flashing, noisy.... So Jake heads down stairs (while I wait up stairs deciding whether I should wake the kids up and get them out of the house because I am thinking there could be a fire). Anyways he heads down stairs and turns the lights on, but they we really dim. So by this time I am down satirs (w/out the kids) and we are looking at each other puzzled, so we get the idea to look outside to see if anyone else has electricity-- and we notice a neighbor outside looking around w/ a flashlight (actually we do not see the neighbor hmself we just see the light from his flashlight being shown all around). So as we are scannng the neighborhood we (Jake) looks across at the electrical sub-station that is about a 1/4 of a mile from our house and he see a fire over there. So we now have decided that it is more than just our problem. Good thing because in my head I started thinking of all the reasons it is a bad idea to add onto your own house and do all the work yourself (although we had an electircian help us) I was telling myself-- you get what you paid for. I was then able to erase that from my head (mind you it probably has been less than 5 minutes now) As Jake is trying to figure out how to get the oven and microwave to shut up I tell him maybe I should get in the car and drive down to the substation to make sure that is where the fire really is and to call 911 if it looks like nobody else has (this whole time the fire appears to be on the ground and not getting any bigger). I hop in my car (FYI--I rest my case on the debate of sleeping clothed, I was ready to go in an instant, including the socks, all I had to do was slip my shoes on) and head down there and realize that the neighbor closest is coming out his door and assume that he probably had already called 911, so I drive past the sub-station and turn around to head back home. There was only 1 thing that i noticed that was out of the ordinary when I drove down there-- there was this utility van parked across the street that is not nomally there. I come home and go back up to the bedroom, where from our bedroom window we can see right over there. By the time I do this the firetruck has shown up along w/ our neighbor who works for the REA to unlock the gates so that they can get in. Then a little while later an ambulance shows up and parks on the other side of the street, then a while after that a police car shows up. So for the next hour Jake sits there staring out the window giving me play by play info, when I finally say Jake I have to work tomorrow and I NEED to get to bed.

All along we are thinking a transformer blew until we heard this.......Are you ready for this one.......Jake calls me at work or on my way home from work to tell me that he heard they think it was a possible suicide WHAT?????????? Now none of this has been confirmed but that is totally what I thought, but did not come out and tell Jake that (not necessarily a suicide, but somebody in there)because I just wanted to go to bed and not think about it, I just kept telling Jake how odd I thought it was that there was this white van parked down there that was not really parked at anybodies house. From what is circulating, they are calling it a suicide, but they think the person may have gotten in there to steel copper. When Jake told me this it all started making sense. That is why the ambulance came but never got right in there (probably because the person was beyond dead) and the reason why the fire was isolated on the ground, never gettting any bigger, the reason why the van was parked there and like I told my MOM the poof we heard was probably the man being blown up ( not really, I dont' think)

Anyways it kind of freaks me out because it is so close to my home that A. a criminal is in my neighborhood or B. a freak who is tryig to kill himself was wondering around up here. I think I might be scared for life and no longer can take a walk because I almost always walk by there.

5 comments:

The Wieselers said...

That is freaky! I would also like to say "amen" on the whole sleeping in clothes thing!!!

marciekoch said...

wow! what an experience!
(and I love the sleeping in clothes point you made...!)

Jessica said...

As soon as I read the part about the bright light and boom I knew where this story was going. YUCK!! I almost called you to ask about it--not in the middle of the night of course. How gross--what a stupid way to commit suicide too. You guys have the stragest stuff happen there in burbank.

Jessica said...

OHHHHHH by the way....clothes to bed is the only way. Naked to bed is against the rules. Sleeping naked is just asking for trouble!!! I would rather jump on an electrical line than sleep naked--just kidding:)

Merri said...

That poor man had to be awfully troubled to have gone to the extent he did to kill himself. It was quite a disturbing story when I heard it on the news and now to know that you guys heard it is even worse. I hadn't even thought about it being close to you or Sharon.