Saturday, October 11, 2008

HOLY CRAP

So yesterday my husband calls me as I am walking into work and informs me that he found a baby bull snake in the middle of the kitchen floor when he woke up and was getting ready for work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad he did not tell me until after I left the house and I kind of wished he never would have told me because I HATE SNAKES, they freak me out. I was so worked up about the deal I was shaking (for those of you who know me well that takes alot) and I was minutes away from starting lecture so I had to inform the girls that if no words came out they would be coping from a power point. well, I was able to talk, but half way through class I asked them "anybody still thinking about snakes cause I am". I already have bad dreams from time to time about them being in my house and I am always so releaved to wake up and realize that it was just a dream.....not anymore. I think my husband put it well saying that it almost makes you feel violated. By the way he HATES snakes also, he would rather not touch them but if he has to he will and when he usually encounters them he kills them. He said he walked down stairs and saw what appeared to be a twig in the middle of the kitchen floor but as he got closer it moved, so he grabbed a kitchen towel and threw it over the snake and grabbed the snake by the tail and took it outside and slammed it against the pillars and then took it a couple houses down and fed it to the neighbors chickens.

So today we have done some major rearranging (moved beds, stove, fridge, washer, dryer, etc, etc, etc) to see where the rest of the babies are, no luck (thank goodness). At one point we thought we might have found one because there appeared to be somthing under Krae's bed that was brown and light tan....so jake grabs his leather gloves and it turns out to be a necklace. When we were moving the refridgerator he heard a hiss and freaked himself out--like I said he really hates snakes.

We think that he entered the garage because when we are home we usually leave the garage open because we are in and out of there so much. The door from the garage into the house does not always latch properly and gets left open from time to time especially if the kids are using it. All I have to say is that there had better not be anymore DAMN snakes in my house or I might just put it up for sale.

3 comments:

marciekoch said...

i'm totally impressed that you even slept in your house last night...like I said, you're welcome here. I would be totally totally totally freaked out...i hate when i find a spider in my bedroom!
good to see you last night...

Mikaela said...

Okay, I would've freaked out too...just know it was there! I'm glad he found it and not you, even though he doesn't like them either, but still...

Merri said...

In some sick twisted way I found this funny Fran! I can just see Jake freaking out. But on the other hand, I too would have been DYING!!! I hate snakes! I hope this is the last of the slithering overnight guests.

Love ya!!!