Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Annual Camping Trip

I am going to apologize from the get go that there are probably tons of spelling/ grammar errors since this is sooo long---so if that bothers you, you probably do not want to read any further.

So every year we say we are going to do more camping, but it usually turns out that it only happens once a year and that is the annual memorial day weekend. I used to think it was because we tent camped and that is soooo much work, but thn we got a trailer a few years ago and we still only go once. This will be the 6th yr that we have gone to the tucannon over the memorial day weekend. We used to get a bunch of people together and go, but over the last few years for whatever reason it has mainly just been us and a few come and go. This year Jake actually got a few things to work in our trailer, which was nice for a change. Let me remind you that this thing is a 1977 or something like that, but I have to add that I think that is best because if it were new I would hate to go camping with it because then it would get dirty. With this old thing nothing can hurt it -- muddy shoes welcome, dents, scratches, heck we could total the thing and we would not be out much money. With that being said, I do have to add that everything works in it. This yr the fridge worked, stove, heater, and running water (those were the stipulations if I was going to be taking a baby). It was actually quite nice. We also did a little more preparing of the food at home so that we would just have to warm everything up instead of waiting for it to cook and so that there would be less clean up also. So on thurs. night I came home and cooked for a few hours making cookies, rice crispy treats, scrambled eggs, pasta salad, tuna, boiled noodles for spaghetti and fried hamberger and whatever else Icould think of, but let me tell you this was a great idea--less time for cooking and not as many dishes to do. We did plenty of fishing, eating, and sitting by the campfire. I was sure to take plenty of pictures so here it goes---


Jake was not so thrilled to take this picture because he thought that his fish was not worth taking a picture of. I informed him it did not matter the size of the fish it was just to prove that we actually caught some fish.

Krae reading to his sister in the morning.

This was the only picture I have of Gracee wearing her cute sunglass, all the other pictures (that I am not in) she is ripping them off.

I had to include this picture of Jake's brother Joe fishing with a Barbie pole. He seriously would rather fish with a kids pole (I know this because he used to always use kraetons). It is a good thing he likes them because even though they are kid friendly they are hard to cast and Jake and I have a hard time doing it.

This is what Gracee got to do while we fished, for the most part (since there were tons of other people at these lakes also)she had plenty of action to watch.

Here is what Krae likes to do best (raosting marshmellows)while camping or second best next to fishing.

Gracee playing on the bed reading her new book



I was not with them when Krae caught his only fish, but here is a pic with him and his pole--notice he has graduated to a big kids pole now.

we can't leave out Jake.

Krae trying to hide himself while he is changing from his PJs to his clothes for the day

This is what we wake up like in the camper, Gracee and I have quite the hair-do. Thank goodness jake cut most of my head off and for some reason it look like Krae has the binky in his mouth but I think it is in my and and it just appears that way.

When you have a bay and go camping you feel like you have to pack the whole house, so besides the stroller and the play pen we brought this car (it used to be krae's)Thank goodness I brought all these things because I hestitated and finally ended up just doing it.


Is this redneck or what? Nothing a little duct tape can't fix though.

Overall we had a great time, I even got to read half a book (thanks to Amy I have started reading the twilight books), The weather was good with plenty of sun shine and for the most part the down pour of rain came at nigth when we were sleeping (sat night it rainded ALL NIGHT LONG). Gracee did well or as good as a baby can do in a different setting. The sleeping arrangements were a concern for me because she had finally started sleeping from 8:30 9 pm to 5 Am and then eating and going back to bed until 8 or 9 am. While we were camping she was waking up at 6:30-7 because it was light out and then instead of 2 hr naps she was taking 1 -1 1/2 naps because it would take her forever to fall asleep (because there was just too much going on).

6 comments:

The Lembcke's said...

Hell or High Water...next year we ARE going...there won't be a "new job" that will screw it up this time!! Looks like you all had a fun and relaxing weekend!! I'm jealous! I love the last picture of Gracee...that sweet little smile on her face!!

Countrylivn' said...

So FUN! It looks like a great time. Camping is so much work, yet so much fun! I am glad you got to go, I love that red head baby! She is so cute, and Kraeton too! I love the duct tape, it did remind me of that show on CMT, my Red neck wedding, have you seen that. Ryan and I watch it and we cant believe that people are really that red neck, it is almost embarresing, trust me you arent as red neck as it seems, watch that show and you will see what I mean. I love all the pictures, keep em coming!! ps I did work on head bands and hair bows, its a start, I hope to get them sent before Gracee has piggy tails!!

The Wieselers said...

Wish we could have made it this year... Next year we're there! I love all the pictures- it looks like Gracee had fun. I told you those stupid Twilight books are addicting, I'm suprised you cold put it down.

Mikaela said...

That looks like a super fun weekend! I love all the pictures. Gracee is getting so big! She is so adorable. I also chuckled at Jake not wanting you to take a picture of his small fish. That is such a man response! lol! Glad you had such a great time camping!

David and Kira said...

Camping is so fun! I remember it being a lot funner and more enjoyable when I wasn't a mother and had to do all of the work, packing, cooking, cleaning and letting the kids play. oh well, memories for the kids.

I also laughed at the picture with your husband and the fish...too funny!

Merri said...

Okay, that fish that Jake is holding is dangling quite appropriately...oh never mind. :)

I love the picture of Kraeton reading to Gracee!

It does not surprise me at all that Joe was using the Barbie pole. That's my nephew!!!

The photo of Krae fishing is AWESOME! :)

The photo of Gracee wearing the orange outfit REALLY looks like you Fran!

Let's just hope the Redneck one doesn't end up in some joke somewhere plastered all over the internet!!!

All in all it looks like you guys had a great time and that's what camping is all about! Love you guys!!