Weds: I worked but, Jake had the day and stayed home and watched the kids and smoked a bunch of meat from all the game he has killed. When I got home I made an apple crisp and apple pie of which turned out great ( I have only ever made pie 2 other times so I was happy).
Thurs.: We spent the morning relaxing and then went to Jake's sisters house for Thanksgiving. We ate lots of great food (except the pumpkin pie that the sugar got left out of) and played catch phrase.
Fri: For the 1st time in my life I shopped the Black Friday and honestly could say I do not think I ever need to do that again. I was at Kohl's at 4 am and did not get home until 2. I am a very impatient person so standing in line for 45 mins to an hour and a half does me no good. On top of all that I dont think there we any GREAT deals, for the amount of time you spend standing in line and all the sleep you lose, that 5 extra bucks you save is not worth it for me. One good thing about the whole deal is that I got 90% of my Christmas shopping done. The only GREAT deal that I got was the gift thta Jake and I decided we were buying each other and that was a flat screen TV.
Then Fri evening we decided to head to Dayton for their "beginning of Christmas season kick off". We walked through all the shops and watched some fireworks, that we not that bad for a little old town. We went w/ my sister-in law and her family and met up w/ my parents and their friends who have a cabin that was close. We also ran into our friends Chip and Cherie (Chips a grad. of Dayton).
Sat: Jake went hunting goose hunting w/ his friend Clint and my brother Ryan. I then went to lunch and to see Twilight w/ Jess, Amy, and Bobbie. I definately think the book was a lot better because it did not seem so vampirish, not that the movie was bad. The only disappointment I had was the character that played Edward should have been Emmett--because Emmett was HOT. While I was at the movie, Jake dug the tree and and got it set up for me so when I got home that evening we decorated the tree. I forget how hard it is to keep those little hands off the tree. It is going to be the death of me. I thought I was set to go because Krae has a little tree that I let him decorate and redecorate daily and thought that would keep Gracee away from mine but she does not understand why she can touch one tree and not the other.
Sun: We finished decorating the rest of the house (except for the outside). usually I decorate the house while Jake's at work or gone but I don't ever think I will do that again after yesterday. It was nice to have the whole house done (minus the tree) in 2 hrs and not all day.
And to end sunday, beginning of Monday my little princess decided that she was not going to sleep last night. I think she has been talking to her friends Emersyn and Delaney. I think they gave her the scoop on how they wake up all through out the night and their mommies are at their beckon call because she decided that at 2:30 she needed some help so I rocked her and put her back down for her to wake up a 1/2 hr later so I decided I would hold her and sleep in the reclining rocker in her room. she sat there but never really slept (and neither did I) and finally when Jake's alarm went off at 5 I informed him that he got to take care of her while he got ready and I slept. Weird thing is he did not question it and he managed. At 6:15 she decided she was tired and he put her down but I then had to get up to get Krae off to school. Lets hope she just happen to have a bad night because I need my sleep and plus she is 15 months old.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving...and I'm right there with you during the Black Friday sale stuff...it's crazy! I have really only gone when others have practically forced me to go.
Emersyn actually slept OK last night--YAY!! We had a war between 130 and 3, but then she went back to sleep and slept till 6--IN HER CRIB!! Then at six i fed her and she got in bed with me till 730. I can handle this schedule--WAY BETTER THAN UP EVERY FIFTEEN MINUTES. I feel your pain though. Sorry about your sleepless night.
Post a Comment