Did I mention how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the holidays? Not a fan of winter in general because when I was growing up that meant being outside from the crack of dawn until after dark doing stuff for those stupid cows (like cracking ice to their water, bringing babies in so they would not freeze to death, and feeding those moma's, so they could survive), while I no longer could feel my toes or nose, and all the old farm rigs had NO HEATERS. I am sure part of the joy comes from my Dad being a huge fan of them also, busy man and all but he always could find time to do the annual christmas rituals-- boat parade, driving around looking at christmas lights (when we really were suppose to be christams shopping), decorating our house until there was no wall space (I am sure they have enough decorations now to decorate 3 houses), listening to Christams music, and getting to unwrap Christmas presents on Christmas Eve (in our house that is when santa came) and all the other things we found to do. I also have to say that I have a boss that LOVES Christmas also. He loves to ask everyone if they have been good and what there list for santa consists of and if he actually had any control at the office (w/ 15 women) he would start listening to Christmas music in October.
So here goes what we have been doing:
beginning of Dec 6th-- Ladies day to Spokane to see the Nutcracker (a 1st for me)
Quarter ended dec 12th--survived round 1 (I think) and onto round 2-- I have been trying to finish power points on the last couple of chapters
Dec 12th--Attempted to be in the boat parade- I have always watched the boat parade on the river but never been in it although my Uncle Corey has entered his boat several times. On the particular night I decided to go the wind was blowing like crazy (I was on pins and needle the whole time becuase this is a LARGE boat (actaully a yatch w/ 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, living room) and the wind was throwing that thing around)and the darn thing got cancelled once we made it to the blue bridge because of wind gusts-- I was happy and bummed at the same time.
Dec 13th--Baked 9 different goodies for Christmas platters w/ my sister-in-law Crystal. Showed up at 10 am and did not get done until 5:30 and then went and watched the boat parade from the shore.
Dec 14th-- started wrapping the 1st round of presents-- Gracee has already attempted to open 3--probably come time to unwrap presents she won't have a thing to do w/ them. Later in the Afternoon headed down to Hermiston to Ryan and Amy's for Gingerbread house decorating party and had lots of great food-- did not leave Hermiston until 9:00 when it was snowing like crazy and had to drive 40 MPH home.
Dec 15th--school got delayed and we got to sleep in (since we got home late).
Finished Christmas cards. went to town to finish some Christmas shopping but did not get a whole lot done.
Dec 16th-- went to town to do more christmas shopping and came home mad because the gift I was dead set on getting Gracee was all sold out (little reclining chair). Went to Burbank BB game to visit santa (fundraiser for baseball)-- both my kids were crying ( Krae was too cool to sit w/ santa once he got in front of his teachers and Gracee was freaked out)and the whole family had to sit w/ santa (poor high school kid).
That brings us to now-- it has been -6 to 15 degrees and we currently have about 6 inches of snow and counting. Until next time...
Gracee and uncle Wes who smeared frosting all over her face, but she was too tired to even care
Krae and his tree that he decorated (notice he is actually smiling normal). He won the event for the night--thanks to rigging or everyone feeling sorry for the child
Jake, Krae, and Laney-- notice Krae's smile here-- this is why I had about 15 photos to choose from for our Christmas card and not a 1 of them turned out--either Krae was doing this rediculous smile or Gracee was not facing the camera
the 1st day it snowed we took the kids out to play in it and Gracee LOVED it until I finally made her come in and her hands and face were frozen. As a matter of fact her brother chickened out and cam in before her
Here is my Aunt and Uncles boat-- that would be a helicopter on the front there
A few days before it snowed and got freezig cold Gracee found a new love-- riding the 4-wheeler, now everytime she see's it she thinks she needs on it.
1 comment:
Wow, sounds like you've been busy! I love the pictures of the kids; Gracee is getting so big, too! Hope your holidays go great, and that Gracee will be interested opening her presents!
Post a Comment