Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Family Update

I have not blogged in forever and I was going to post some pictures of the kids that I had got taken of them at Easter time and they sent to me by "smilewires" (JCPennys) but apparently I am not suppose to do that because it is not letting me. Guess you do not get to see them because I do not have a scanner. I really do not have a whole lot to blog about so I will do a little family update.

I have decided that this quarter I am going to have a crazy life. Since Gracee was born I started out working 2 days a week and then in Jan. went to 3 days and this quarter I am doing 4 days (because I do not know how to say no)and it is kicking my butt. You would think that an extra day would not make that much of a difference, but it sure did. Wow how that extra kid really does change things. Lets hope that last week was just an extremely busy week. By Friday my house was pretty much destroyed. It took me most of the weekend to get in back into order. Thank goodness this is only for 11 weeks. That is the great thing about teaching at the college is that it only last for 11 weeks and if you don't like it you can always change the next quarter. I am super excited for summer because I will only be working Monday mornings at the college and then my usual private practice job on Weds and Thurs.

As for Kraeton, he is on spring break now and told the bus driver last week that he was going to Florida, I don't know where that came from (poor guy, hope he is not disappointed). He has spent the last couple days at my parents enjoying the farm life ( I think he is enjoying it, I heard my dad got him up and working by 6:30 yesterday and he usually gets up between 8 and 9). At the end of last week he got to go see Horton Hears a Who. funny thing...he was practicing writing sentences and wrote about Horton Hears a Who-- it went something like this "Hrtn hirs a hu" another sentence "I wod my bik". I love to read the stuff he does at school, as you can tell I really have to use my imagination. He will be starting T-ball next monday so that will consume my monday and thursday evenings. I am sure I will have pictures to post of that.

Gracee has offically cut her 2 lower teeth and can now sit up without help, but still seems to take a nose dive once in a while. she has finally got onto a napping schedule within the last month. I thought that this would never happen and that cat naps were going to be all she ever did. so depending on when she wakes up she usually will go down for a 2 hr nap 2hrs after she wakes up (oh I can not leave out that she eats becuase she is quite the eater). I am not really used to that because Kraeton still does not eat that much. Then she gets up for 2-3 hrs and goes down for another 1.5-3 hr nap and then eats dinner and depending on what time it is she may go down for another 1/2-1 hr nap. she usually is ready for bed between 8:30-9:30. sounds great dosn't it----dont let me leave out the part that she still seems to be waking up 2-3 times a night. She did good from the time she was 4 wks old to 3 months. i think she just has a hard time putting herself to sleep and I just need to be strong and let her cry it out for a few night, but the problem is if I go get her and feed her she is back to sleep in 5 mins, if i let her cry I would be awake for 1/2 hr or more.

Jake is still busy working on yard stuff-- besides planting grass we are trying to lay some concrete in front of the garage and then a back patio, lay some gravel down and then in the back yard make a play area where someday a swingset can go and a fire pit. He also will be starting T-Ball on monday because he and a friend of his have chosen to coach together. This will be his 3rd yr coaching (well I guess 4 because last yr he did not do it, but the guy doing it had never done it before so Jake felt like he needed help(which he did)). Jake did take this friday off so that Kraeton and him can have a guys day and go to lunch and golfing and maybe even a little fishing.

4 comments:

David and Kira said...

Nap times are always nice for mommies! Good luck with your job! I really don't know how mother's juggle work and home. I'm home all day and can barely manage that! You're doing great!

Mikaela said...

You guys are SO busy! I don't know how you keep up with it all either. I think it's hilarious that you are "going to florida" btw! What a pain for the not sleeping at night thing. If you leave a bottle in her bed, will she find it and help herself or is she not strong enough for that yet? I had the ideal baby, but he's grown up to be the not so ideal little boy.....so maybe Gracee will be the opposite? Not sleep for you now but be this amazing toddler! Let's hope! :) Can't wait to see pictures of your house too, with all that you guys have done!

Countrylivn' said...

I love Kraetons writing, Sometimes I wish the English language would have be written by a kindergartner, like it sounds, instead of all of the hard phonics stuff. Too cute.

Merri said...

Oh how I remember those days Fran! I wouldn't have traded it for anything...well, wait...yeah, maybe I would now that they are almost all grown and self sufficient! Enjoy, it's just life the housework can wait.