Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All about Jake

Like Jess said we do not talk about our husbands that often--so here is 1 just for him


1. Where did you meet your hubby? We both worked together at Ranch and Home. He was always nice to us girls up front (all of us)and would always help us w/ whatever we needed. I personally thought he was a little too nice and so when I told Jess that he asked me on a date and I did not want to go she informed me that "I needed to atleast give him a chance". See what happens w/ a chance Jess

2.How long did you date before you got married? 3 yrs, It was suppose to be exactly 3 yrs , but my dad informed me that when I was choosing a date that he already had some hunting excursions set up around then and one of them just so happened to be the date we picked Sept 8th. so we got married the weekend before on Aug 31st

3.How long have you been married? Almost 7 yrs.

4.What does He do to surprise me? Jake would love to be full of suprises, but because I am a tight wad, I don't let him spend $$$ ( I think I have posted something like this before). Its kind of funny because when we were dating he always was giving me flowers whether it was left on my front porch, or my car, or snuck into my room (W/ my roommates help). I did not see anything wrong w/ it then, his $$$ was his $$$ and mine was still mine, but when we got married and the money became both of our, the flowers quit coming. Although I did recieve some for Valentines day (against my will).
5.My favorite feature of his? His butt of course JUST KIDDING, I got you all.
NO I would have to say his blue eyes and do you think a darn 1 of our kids got them NOOO.
6.What is his best quality? His gift to jabber. I think that is why him and Todd get along so well, Todd will just sit there and listen. He literally can carry a conversation on with anyone. I always tease him that if the wall would talk he would talk back. I choose this quality because it is amazing how he will out of the blue get a call from someone he has not seen or heard from in a long time or someone will randomly stop by. He randomly got a call from someone he used to work w/ a couple yrs ago seeing what he was up too and a few yrs back he got a visit from someone he had not seen from high school (probably because they wanted someone to talk to and they know Jake would never turn down a conversation)

7.Nickname he has for me? When he talks to other people about me he always calls me Franny, but when he talks to me its Fran. Good thing the question is not the other way around because I call him alot of names and most of the time they are not good, so I do have to say that even though I am not nice he never calls me a bad name.

8.His favorite food? He loves Mexican and of course it is not a favorite of mine although there is 1 mexican resturant that I like going to Fiesta-- because it has a salsa bar where I love to go and get a homemade tortilla and dip it in honey (honestly that is why I LOVE to go there, its wierd about the little things that sell you)
9.His favorite sport? I would have to say football. The good thing is that he does not like to watch any of them on TV, he would rather be there. I like sports, I just do not like to watch them on TV, so we go to a lot of high school sports.

10.Where and when did you first kiss? I love to tell this story, No we did not kiss on our first date and here is why (its amazing he ever came back, its tough love what can you say) On out 1st date we went to dinner and a movie and I laid down the law before we set foot in the movie theater-- I informed him that when we went to the movie he would not be holding my hand, cuddling, kissing, or touching me. I told him 1st dates were all about getting to know each other and that I did not kiss just anyone and everyone. Can you believe he came back?

11.What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? I have to agree w/ Jess, we like to go out to eat. When I'm eating, I'm happy and unfortuately (or fortunatly however you want to see it) he loves to eat as well

12. Do you have any children? Yes, as all of you know Kraeton and Gracelyn

13.Does he have any hidden talents? I would be lying if I said no, he is one of those that hated school but as long as you can convince him he is not learning he can do anything. I do have to say how AMAZED I was at him for never building a house before (just being in new construction and watching things be done) and being able to do what he did for our house, WOW!!!

14.How old is he? 28, yes he also is 9 months younger than I

15.Who said I love you first? Of couse he did-- remember he was the one that was ready to kiss before we even went on a date.

16.What is his favorite music? rock or what I call hard rock (I have been told it is not heavy metal, but that is what it reminds me of) and I hate. He will listen to country, but I think it is more fun for him if we get to have a fight over it first ( I am not sure why he likes to fight about it because i always win)

17.What do I admire most about him? He is always willing to try something new, whether it be a meal, an adventure, a money saving strategy, he will try anything once. He is always up for my wild and crazy ideas what ever they be.

18.What is his favorite color? Green ( I can't lie, I just had to yell up stairs and ask him)
19.Will he read this? no-- not a big computer user and I like it that way, I never have to fight to get to use it

20. I tag anyone who is willing.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I really enjoyed reading this. I don't think I have ever heard you talk about Jake so much:)It was kinda weird writing about todd--since i try to ignore him as much as possible:)