Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Big Birthday Girl

She officially is considered a toddler, but I will continue to call her my baby (I still call Krae my baby from time to time). It has brought many happy moments for Gracee, but some sad ones for me because I am not ready for her to be a big girl. But ready or not its here-- I would say she is officially walking. she began taking a few steps at the begining of the month and last thurs. she started taking 5 or 6 and today she has been able to make it clear across the living room. As a matter of fact she thought she was a big girl tonight and felt the need to carry her PJ's around w/ her which did not help much because she kept falling, but she kept right at it. she is enjoying her freedom to move about freely. she still feels the need to run though and not walk, so that is the majority of her problem right there.

We celebrated her B-day on Sunday so that friends and family could come. It got a little crazy with all the kids that were there but it was tons of fun also. We had it at our house out in the garage and surprisingly it turned out to be a nice day-- the day before it rained all day and the day after was windy. Today- her actual b-day we spent in town w/ cousin Laney and Aunt Amy getting pictures and then GG and Aunt Diane met up w/ us to have some ice cream. I saved her cake that she did not finish for today but was not brave enough to pull it out. I figured if I sugared her up right before bed I might be up w/ her all night where as the other day she ate it in the middle of the day.

This picture here is of all the babies that were born w/in the year that are either friends or family (except the 2 girls standing on the left). yes, there are 2 sets of twins, one set is my cousins girls kennedy and katori, and the other is friends that jake went to high school with that were born the day after gracee Ayla and Addison, the others are jess little one Emersyn, my niece Delaney, Jakes cousin's kid Logan, and my friend kristins boy Colin and of course Gracee- the only one who did not want to cooperate at all for this picture.

The Birthday Girl

Her beautiful fairy ice cream cake

and of course I could not leave out her messy face-- she did not dig right in like I thought she would but once she was shown how and got a taste she had no problems at all. On Kraetons 1st b-day as many of you know he was not a big eater by any means, so he just sat there and looked at the cake and did not want a thing to do w/ it, so i do not have a messy face picture of him on his b-day.

No comments: