Saturday, July 26, 2008

10 months old

WOW, its hard to believe that my baby is 10 months old now. She has become such a big girl. I no longer think of her as an infant, but more of a toddler. I know some days when they are babies you wonder if they will ever grow up and then they hit this stage and you wish they we babies again, but with the same sleeping/eating patterns as now.
The things Gracee can do now:
-sleeps from 8-8 getting up once at 4 am to get a quick 5 min bottle (once again my own fault I just have not taken the time to break her of this)
-takes a 2 hr nap in the morning and afternoon.
-eats like there is no tomorrow-- you name it she has eaten it. she has finally learned how to spit food back out to let you know that she is done-- I was beginning to think she had a bottomless gut.
-moos like a cow (of course papa Mike taught her this one)
-says woof, woof--actually you have to watch her real close to recognize this one because it is two puffs of air.
-crawling everywhere and no I still have not purchased any kiddie gates. For those of you familiar with my house know that I should have purchased those long ago with all the stairs in my house. As a matter of fact the other day I sat her down in the kitchen and usually she sticks real close or goes into Krae's room. When i went to look for her 2 mins later I found her up the first flight of stairs by the laundry room(boy was she proud of herself)
-loves water in all shapes and forms- swimming pool, hot tub, mud puddles, toilets, and ocean.
-starting to be a copycat-- she spits, coughs, and grunts (to mimick (?) someone who burbs)

Overall she is just a happy golucky little girl. The poor thing I guess has gotten used to EVERYONE stopping and talking to her in public all because of her red hair--It is just crazy how many people gauk at this.


her favorite place at the park

here is a crazy hair shot of her right after her bath. her dad thought this was great, but she kind of looked like a troll.

4 comments:

Mikaela said...

What great pictures of your little one. I love her red hair too. I laughed when you talked about random strangers stopping you; it STILL happens to me, so get used to it. Red hair means LOADS of comments apparently!

Also, I miss the stage when they will sleep 2 naps for 2 hours at a time....oh, the wonders of little babes!

Oh, and glad you guys had so much fun at the beach. I'm jealous. it's one of my favorite places EVER to go!

Boe & Bobbie Stallings said...

Holy smokes I can't believe she is 10 months old already; it seems like just yesterday you and Amy were pregnant.
P.S. I love the "troll doll" hairdo

Olivieri Portrait Design said...

Can't wait to see you guys next week. Love to meet your kiddos!

see you soon!

Annette

Jessica said...

Holy Cow--I cannot believe my little Gracee Poo is so big. How sad. That means Emersyn is not far behind. AHHHH.